UTi Distribution does provide liability cover when required by our clients.
However, the maximum liability limit on shipments subject to insurance as per Clause 12.5 of our Contract for Carriage is R250.00 per shipment or the declared value for carriage contained on the dispatch document.
The following principles apply to liability cover:
- On each dispatch note completed for a shipment, there is a space where you can declare the value of the goods for insurance purposes and for incidental costs purposes.
- If a value is declared in this space, we will apply liability cover up to the declared value and charge the applicable surcharge to your account (Refer to Clause 12.4 - 12.2).
- If you do not require liabililty cover at all on the shipment, you need to declare a ZERO value in the appropriate space. We will then not levy a surcharge against your account (Refer to Clause 12.5).
- If this space is left blank, and no value for liability cover is declared we will apply cover to the value of R250.00. The applicable surcharge based on this assumed value of R250.00 will be charged to your account (Refer to Clause 12.5).
- If you have cause to claim against a shipment, you are required to follow the claims process and you are reminded that claims need to be lodged within 7 days of date of dispatch for consideration. If a claim is lodged late, it will not be considered (Refer Clause 12.9 and Clause 12.13).
- Also please note that our maximum liability for any one shipment shall not exceed R100 000.00 (Refer Clause 12.12)
If you have any queries regarding this please contact the National Contact Centre on 0861 80 30 80 or speak to your sales executive.